In this series, we talk to our Registered Management Consultants (RMCs) to find out how they have made an impact on their client’s businesses and capability upgrading.
We speak with the Founder and CEO of VALLARIS, a Singapore-based strategic advisory firm. Mr Mun Siong Yoong shares with us his journey as an RMC and his experience in helping clients grow their businesses.
1. Hi Siong Yoong! Could you tell us a bit more about yourself?
VALLARIS is a strategic advisory firm that helps emerging businesses acquire, grow or separate.
VALLARIS is the leading expert for high stakes M&A deals and disputes. We provide world-class mergers & acquisitions, and forensic accounting advice to help leaders Make Your Move™.
2. Why did you decide to become an RMC?
We have clients that are keen to work with VALLARIS‘ world class, accredited strategic advisory teams but cannot afford our fees.
That is where IMCS Singapore (IMCS) steps in. Through my qualification as a Registered Management Consultant (RMC), clients can now work with VALLARIS at a fraction of what it normally costs to build strategic confidence in business.
To do so, clients apply for Enterprise Singapore’s Enterprise Development Grant (EDG), and Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) grant.
RMC certification allows clients to benefit from VALLARIS’ premium advice with up to 80% government subsidy for a limited time period.
Please feel free to browse our international client testimonials to hear the impact partnering VALLARIS has made to their businesses.
3. Could you share with us what the journey to RMC certification was like?
There is a structured 3-step onboarding process:
Step 1: Complete forms. The forms help IMCS understand the nature, depth and length of an applicant’s management consulting expertise. When IMCS staff got in touch to clarify details, it gave me the confidence that they were serious about only admitting management consultants with a solid track record.
Step 2: Go for an interview. I was interviewed by a panel of assessors from the RMC Certification Board under IMCS. Once again, the Certification Board leading from the front to assess RMC candidates gave me the confidence that IMCS is serious about curating a body of highly qualified members.
Step 3: Take an exam. The exam is crafted to identify those with management consulting expertise. The questions are framed such that you can only answer them well if you have the expertise and have put in the hours to gain the experience in your job.
4. What are some ways being an RMC has helped you?
It is important to have credentials to help potential clients identify management consultants who are certified by industry peers.
In other words, RMC certification is a mark of quality that gives clients confidence when they seek consulting advice.
5. Would you recommend IMCS to others for RMC certification?
Definitely, for three simple reasons.
- IMCS, founded in 1992, is Singapore’s first and only not-for-profit professional body for management consultants.
- RMC provides for a progression pathway to international recognition via the Certified Management Consultant (CMC) certification. The CMC scheme is only offered in Singapore by IMCS and is accredited by the International Council of Management Consulting Institutes (ICMCI) with reciprocal recognition in the USA, UK, and 48 other member countries worldwide.
- Clients can search the Register of RMCs on IMCS’ website to verify the e-credentials of consultants and match their needs to the expertise of the consultants.
Should you be interested to find out more about any of our RMC consultants, feel free to contact us at email@example.com
Being an RMC is more than just a certification. It is also a mark of quality and professionalism which promotes high standards of professional and ethical conduct. It demonstrates your experience, competence, professionalism and enhance your professional image with your clients.
Choose to be an RMC today and join us here.